Fortunately, I attended a blogger conference last week and someone from Canada Beef (beefinfo.ca) was there. I learned that there are oven roasts and there are pot roasts. Oven roasts are best cooked in the oven with dry heat and shouldn't be cooked in the crock pot with 'wet heat' (I don't think they actually said 'wet heat' but you know what I mean). She gave me this very simple recipe for an eye of round roast.
What you need:
Eye of Round roast
1. Preheat oven to 450F
2. Wash and dry the roast with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Stick a meat thermometer into the roast
3. Put the roast on a rack in a pan and into the oven
4. After 20 minutes, turn the oven down to 275F.
5. Bake until meat thermometer is at 140F.
6. Let roast rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
My roast was small so this whole process only took just over 1 hour and it turned out amazing! Where has this been all my life?! My kids and I ate half of it before dinner even started!
|Eye of round patted dry|
|Added salt, pepper and inserted thermometer set at 63C/140F|
|Done after 1 hour! Let rest for 10 minutes.|
|Done to medium rare - perfection!|