Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dukan Diet - end of week 4

It's been 4 weeks of doing the Dukan Diet and I've lost 9lbs so far.  I'm still feeling great.  I'm still doing alternating PP and PV days and I've gotten into a great routine.  I start with oat bran in the morning.  I mix 2 tbsp of oat bran with 3/4 cups of  lactose free skim milk and microwave it for 2 minutes and let it cool for at least 5 minutes.  As it cools, it expands and becomes creamier.  I've grown quite a liking to it. In the first couple of weeks, I was also eating a 2-egg omelette for breakfast but this past week, I didn't even need that.  I have been taking Metamucil capsules every morning and sometimes even at night when I remember but constipation hasn't really been a problem.  I am enjoying the unlimited protein and veggies.  Every night, I eat 1 serving of fat free yogurt for dessert to end my day.

The positive reinforcement that I get each morning when I weigh myself is amazing.  I can't believe it.  My clothes fit me better and I feel great.  I don't have any carb or sugar cravings.  I don't really have the urge to reach for that slice of bread or whip up a batch of cookies so despite the limitations of this diet, it has actually been very liberating.  My plan is to continue Phase 2 until the end of Aug and then reassess how I feel.  I'm supposed to lose a total of 20lbs to reach my true weight.  If I haven't reached my true weight by then, I may just proceed to Phase 3 or I may continue Phase 2 until I reach my true weight.  So 11lbs more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment