Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Conversations

I was changing my son's diaper at toys r us today. After changing his diaper, I washed my hands and he said he wanted to wash his hands too so I put soap on his hands and proceeded to dry my hands so I could lift him up to wash the soap off his hands. Then he freaked out and said, "I don't want to wash my hands!". I told him that he has to wash the soap off his hands and he said, "I don't want to dry."

then I understood that he was scared of the hand drying machine, probably because it made a loud noise, so I told him that we would dry his hands with a paper towel. Then he let me wash and dry his hands; he was happy as a clam. What a difference communication makes. I'm so proud that my son is now able to carry meaningful conversations.

Now, on to potty training...

No comments:

Post a Comment